Synonymous with a “fresh start,” spring has sprung in the northern hemisphere.
Although it’s been elusive so far, soon the new season will be in full effect.
So how are you going to celebrate this season of renewal? Following are seven ways to embrace the season and maybe even elevate a few of your day-to-day habits along the way.
Try one or two, or do them all ::
1. Scope out the nearest Farmers Market. Find out when it opens for the season and mark it on your calendar. Click here to find a Farmers Market near you. It’s a great place to find whole, organic, local foods and support your community.
2. Try a new activity. If you’ve been craving playfulness or excitement in your life – do something about it! Craving creativity? Scope out local offerings for dance, art, jewelry-making, singing, etc… Want to make new friends? Check out local organizations and clubs centered around interests you enjoy or try Meetup.com. Maybe you want to see the world. If so, schedule a trip. Want to travel as part of a group? There’s a Meetup for that too.
3. Plant something. If you’re new to gardening, start small. Plant directly into the ground or do container gardening. A single lavender plant can provide a summer of fragrance and beauty. Like fresh herbs? Plant a window box filled with your favorites. For when to plant in each area of the U.S. click here.
4. Bring color into your home. Inside feeling a little stale after the long winter? A few simple swaps can make all the difference. Throw pillows, candles and towels in colorful shades can go a long way towards bringing spring inside.
5. Bring light into your home. If you’re feeling industrious, an afternoon of window washing can make a home seem fresh and new. Grab the supplies (here’s some homemade cleaner recipes – if you like) and clean windows both inside and out. Stripping off the haze of seasons past can make every day seem brighter.
6. Brighten your look. Why should your home get all the love? Look for ways to brighten YOU. Bring in color through manicures/pedicures, wear cheery clothing colors that compliment your skin tone, or while the weather’s still cool – rock a vibrant-colored scarf. Wardrobe, accessories and makeup are all easy ways to add a dose of color. Find what works best for you and then notice what it does to your mood.
7. Get an up-close view of nature. When was the last time you just observed nature? If it’s been too long, do something about it. One way can be to install a bird feeder and see who shows up. Or hang a hummingbird feeder to attract tiny visitors. Then grab a front row seat and enjoy the magic of nature.
Wishing you a happy spring!