Last updated on May 25, 2018
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.piperlarson.com/.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 18 years of age.
We are the data controllers and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Piper Larson, LLC
2119 Riverwalk Drive, Suite 195
Moore, OK 73160
info [at] piperlarson [dot] com
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at info [at] piperlarson [dot] com.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Your name and job title
- Your contact information including email address, mailing address, phone number
- Credit/debit card information
- Any personal data you post on our SITE
- Your communication and marketing preferences
- Your preferences and interests, and other information relevant to offers
- Any information provided directly to us by you, such as through filling out a contact form on SITE, completing a survey or questionnaire, market research interview, or through a phone or video call, or otherwise
- Technical data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings, browser plug-in types and versions, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR DATA
We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Manage our business
- Correspond with you
- Respond to inquiries
- Keep records of communication
- Keep records of purchases and preferences
- Fulfill contracts for purchases
- Provide support for use of our products and services
- Administration of our website
- Protection of our website
- Prevent fraudulent activity on our website
- Send customer communications, including newsletters
- Customize our offers
- Request feedback
- Administer giveaways or contests
- Interact with you via social media
- Analyze trends and preferences and deliver targeted advertising and relevant content
- Notify you of updates to products and services
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas to view private content
- Monitor the use of our website and services
- Understand the effectiveness of our advertising
- Respond to inquiries or complaints or resolve disputes
- Process financial transactions, including payments and refunds
- Comply with all legal obligations and assist law enforcement if necessary
- To protect ourselves legally in the event of breach of contract or non-payment
- Obtain and maintain any insurance obligations
ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS YOUR DATA
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, username and password, purchase details, financial details, and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings, browser plug-in types and versions, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing and Communications Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at info [at] piperlarson [dot] com. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may also receive data through automated technologies or interactions such as technical data about you if you visit other websites that are using our cookies.
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing us at info [at] piperlarson [dot] com at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets
- Third party processing services to whom we contract for payment processing, email delivery, database hosting, and website hosting services
- Third party services utilized to collect communication through fillable forms
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We are subject to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations that protect your personal data. Where we transfer your data to third parties outside of the EEA, we will ensure that certain safeguards are in place to ensure a similar degree of security for your personal data. As such:
- We may transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place; or
- Where we use certain service providers who are established outside of the EEA, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential. Also, the SITE uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. However, the COMPANY cannot make any representations, warranties, or guarantees that an inadvertent or unauthorized disclosure will never occur. Furthermore, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of an unauthorized information disclosure in any unauthorized manner.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
In addition, no person is required to provide us with the personally identifiable information we request. If you do not wish to provide such information, you are free not to do so. Your provision of requested information to us through our SITE or other means is presumed by us to be voluntary and with your consent to the uses described herein. If, after submitting personally identifiable information to us, you wish to unsubscribe, you may unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or promotional emails at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link that can be found in the footer of all our email communications. Or if you want to cancel your association with COMPANY, you may contact us at info [at] piperlarson [dot] com and we will remove your information from our records as set forth below in the section titled “YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.”
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data. (You have the “right to be forgotten”)
- Request restriction of your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at info [at] piperlarson [dot] com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
You may unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or promotional emails at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link that can be found in the footer of all our email communications. If you have any questions or need assistance in unsubscribing, please email us at info [at] piperlarson [dot] com at any time.
We do not believe in spam. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. Any communication from us will provide clear information on who the email is from and how to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Most of our payment processing is transferred to our payment processors PayPal and Stripe, that each they have their own policies regarding privacy and how they handle your information and that can be found on their website. To understand how they protect, use, and disclose your financial information, please review their privacy policies.
COMPANY uses Google Analytics on our SITE. The information is anonymised and is therefore not linked to individual customer information. The purpose for Google Analytics usage is to track statistics regarding computer usage on our SITE.
VIEWING BY OTHERS
In the event that you voluntarily make your personal information available to others through our SITE or our content, that may be viewed and accessed by third parties, such third parties may collect, copy, modify, distribute, or otherwise exploit your content without your permission. You hereby agree that the COMPANY has no control over, and will not be responsible for, the extent to which such third parties collect, copy, modify, distribute, or otherwise exploit your content. This may include posting in a Facebook group that we manage, comments on our social media posts, comments on blog posts on the SITE, the sharing of details on group coaching calls, etc.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
SITE and its content are directed to individuals who are at least 18 years old or older. By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 18 years of age. COMPANY does not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS POLICY
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
info [at] piperlarson [dot] com
Effective as of May 25, 2018